Sex Abuse

It depends on several different factors. In most civil lawsuits filed on behalf of our victim’s rights clients, we represent them on a contingent fee basis.  This means that you do not have any out-of-pocket expenses, and we get paid only if we secure a settlement for you or win a money judgment at trial.  In other cases, we work on an hourly fee or flat fee basis, depending on the type of case.  There are no hidden fees.  After listening to you and reviewing the facts of your case, we will discuss with you the types of fee arrangements available so that you can make a fully informed decision as to how to proceed.
There are several legal options available to sexual abuse victims. You can file a police report, get a restraining order, or file a civil lawsuit. It is important to speak with an experienced attorney who can help guide you through this process.
The amount of compensation you can get will depend on the specific facts of your case. You might be able to get compensated for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. We have a track record of success when it comes to recovering damages for our clients.
There are special laws in place for victims of child sexual abuse. These laws typically give victims more time to file a police report or civil lawsuit. If you were sexually abused as a child, it is important to speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
If your abuser is making you feel unsafe, you can file for a restraining order. A restraining order is a court order that requires your abuser to stay away from you. To get a restraining order, you will need to file a petition with the court and show that you have been a victim of abuse. Once the restraining order is in place, your abuser will be required to stay a certain distance away from you. If they violate the restraining order, they can be arrested.
If you are in immediate danger, call 911. If you are not in immediate danger but would like to speak with someone, you can call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-656-HOPE (4673). You can also visit their website to chat online with a crisis counselor. Once you are in a safe and secure location, it is important to reach out to an experienced attorney as soon as possible.